EHS XC Meet Results 2018
WIAA State Championships, Sun Willows Golf Course, Pasco
Sat. Nov. 3rd, Cloudy and Breezy Conditions, 60 Degrees
• The Enumclaw Hornets closed out the 2018 Cross Country Season at Sun Willows Golf Course in Pasco over the weekend. The eleven athletes representing Enumclaw High School acquitted themselves very well at the WIAA 4A State Championships.
• For the girls, Payton Roberson, our veteran at the race, closed out her high school cross country career with finish inside the top 125 athletes in the state with a time of 20:41.6.
• Natasha Puzon had an outstanding state competition in Pasco, earning her 103rd place overall in a clocking of 20:28.4 on the challenging Sun Willows course. This was a remarkable achievement after battling health issues early in the season that disrupted her training.
• On the boy’s side, Enumclaw qualified a full squad for the second year in a row. Of the approximately 65 teams competing in the 4A division state-wide, the Hornets placed 15th, despite being one of the smallest schools in our classification.
• Sam Lingwall lead the way for the boys in 28th place, followed by Dominic Deady (55th), Jacob Dickson (144th), Seth Coons (153rd), Kyle Revell (154th), Sayer Dodd (156th) Foster Barnhart (157th).
• We would also like to thank our two reserve runners Derek Sanders and Trevor Storm for their work this weekend to assist the team and learn about the setting of the state meet to aide their competitive efforts in the future.
• In similar fashion, we would like to offer a special thank you to Piper Laymen, one of our senior captains, that offered assistance to the girls competitors while away in Pasco this weekend.
• We are looking forward to wrapping up the 2018 Fall Sports Season over the next two weeks with our team banquet on the 15th of the month. Special thanks to all the Hornet athletes, families and fans for their support over the last two months of competition. See you in 2019!