EHS XC Meet Results 2018
Seaside Invitational, Camp Rilea, Warrenton, OR
Sept. 22nd, Rain Showers, 60 Degrees
• The Hornet Boys team left Camp Rilea as Division 2 Champions for the second year in a row! For perspective, teams in this event traveled from Oregon, Washington, California and several other Western States to attend this prestigious competition.
• For those unfamiliar with this top-tier regional Cross Country meet, it is contested on the grounds of the Camp Rilea Military Base in Warrenton, OR. Athletes race on one of three courses varying in length and difficulty level. Those racing the more rigorous courses must contend with steep and sandy hills that many would find difficult to walk up. The event also features two very large mud pits, which can remove the runners shoes if they put a foot wrong.
• Additionally, the “Divisions” are meant to allow fair comparisons of athletes and schools from across state lines, as state high school athletic associations break down school classification in various ways. Enumclaw competes in Division 2 at the 3-Course Challenge
• Leading the way for the boys was Sam Lingwall, placing 1st on the Hard Course. Other Top 10 Boys finishers on the Hard Course were Dominic Deady, 3rd and Jacob Dickson, 6th. On the Moderate Course Seth Coons placed 3rd and Kyle Revell was 5th. On the Easy Course Sayer Dodd was 8th and Foster Barnhart was 10th.
• On the Girls side, Top 10 finishers included Natasha Puzon, 3rd on the easy course. Payton Roberson, 7th on the Hard Course and newcomers Kristen Dickson and Megan Ogburn 8th and 9th respectively on the Moderate Course.
• Overall a great weekend of team bonding, fun and competition for the Hornets…all the meet “hardware” was just a bonus!