EHS XC Meet Results 2017
WIAA State Championships, Sun Willows Golf Course, Pasco
Sat. Nov. 4th, Cloudy with Light Rain Showers, 35 Degrees
· The Enumclaw Hornets closed out the 2017 Cross Country Season at Sun Willows Golf Course in Pasco over the weekend. The nine athletes representing Enumclaw High School acquitted themselves very well at the WIAA 4A State Championships.
· For the Girls, Hunter Storm ran a veteran race to close out her high school cross country career with a 50th place finish in a time of 19:16.4, about ten seconds faster than last year on this course in spite of the cold temperatures.
· Payton Roberson had another outstanding state competition in Pasco, earning her 97th place overall in a clocking of 19:54.7 on the challenging Sun Willows course. This was an improvement on both her best time and place finish from last season at state.
· On the boy’s side, Enumclaw qualified a full boys squad for the first time since 2012. Of the approximately 65 teams competing in the 4A division state wide, the Hornets placed 16th, with some strong individual showings.
· Sam Lingwall lead the way for the boys in 56th place, followed by Teagan Eldridge (106th), Alec Ritter (126th), Foster Barnhart (140th), Dominic Deady (143rd), Kyle Revell 155th) and Hunter McGowan (163rd).
· Alec Ritter was particularly strong-willed, running at this level of competition while fighting an untimely illness. He and all of our seniors from this class will be missed.
· We are looking forward to wrapping up the 2017 Fall Sports Season over the next two weeks with our team banquet on the 14th of the month. Special thanks to all the Hornet athletes, families and fans for their support over the last two months of competition. See you in 2018!