EHS XC Meet Results 2017
Seaside Invitational, Camp Rilea, Warrenton, OR
Sept. 23rd, Sunny, 65 Degrees
· The Hornet Boys team left Camp Rilea as Division Champions this weekend, while the girls finished 2nd among the similar sized schools in the Division 2 classification. Teams in this event traveled from Oregon, Washington, California and several other Western States.
· For those unfamiliar with this top-tier regional cross country meet, it is contested on the grounds of the Camp Rilea Military Base in Warrenton, OR. Athletes race over one of three courses varying in length and difficulty level. Those racing the more rigorous courses must contend with steep and sandy hills that many would find difficult to walk up. The event also features two very large mud pits…and this year both were waist deep for many of the competitors.
· Additionally, the “Divisions” are meant to allow comparison of athletes from across state lines, as state high school athletic associations break down school classification in various ways.
· Leading the way for the boys was Sam Lingwall, placing 1st on the Moderate Course, Alec Ritter, 2nd on the Hard Course (after being separated from BOTH of his shoes!), Joey Roberson, 5th on the Easy Course, Jacob Dickson, 8th on the Easy Course, Hunter McGowan, 8th on the Hard Course, Dominic Deady, 9th on the Hard Course and Kyle Revell, 9th on the Moderate Course.
· Hunter Storm ended the weekend 1st in Division 2 and 3rd overall on the Hard Course for women.
· Other top Female finishers were: Payton Roberson, 5th on the Hard Course, Anna Bursch, 6th on the Moderate Course and Rachael Schaffett, 8th on the Easy Course